Assembling products such as workdesks and workbenches using the tools provided, wrapping for despatch and loading where necessary. Respond to the requests of Foreman/Manager/Director as required.
- Report to the Foreman/Team leader Trevor Cains, or the person appointed for that purpose by the Works Manager.
- Taking instructions from the day sheet, collecting products from the drying area and other coated items returned by subcontractors required for assembly.
- Taking instructions from the worktop worksheet and manufacturing the required bench worktops.
- To cover wet spraying and powder coating when holidays and illnesses occur.
- Assemble products using tools provided for cutting, drilling, riveting etc as required.
- Attach customer’s labels when available to the appropriate products.
- Shrinkwrap products and attach the correct despatch labels/notes as required.
- Collect welded items from the welding bays and either place them in the allocated storage bays for stock or wipe down ready for painting.
- Notify Foreman/Manager of any foreseeable shortages in materials.
- Load items onto vehicles as required using equipment supplied where necessary.
- Store away any materials delivered for assembly into the allocated racks.
- Bring to the attention of the Chargehand any non-conforming items or practices.
- Ensure all actions comply with the Conditions of Employment and Health and Safety.
- Adhere to any Quality Operating procedures of BS5750 affecting a job – an up to date copy will be retained by the Works Manager.
- Ensure all tools allocated are kept safe, clean and in good condition at all times.
- Act in a responsible manner at all times to ensure the respect and safety of fellow workers.
- Respond to the requests of Forman/Manager/Director as required.
- Despatch necessary